This holiday season, take a page from our recipe book with our
Classic Herb Stuffing/Dressing
- ¾ cup (1 ½ stick) butter
- 1 ½ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups dried Artisan bread cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Melt butter over medium heat in sauce pan. Add celery and onion: Cook and stir about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning , black pepper and salt.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add celery and onion mix with broth; toss gently unril well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased baking dish 13x9 inch.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Sausage stuffing: reduce the butter by 1/3 and add cooked breakfast sausage.
Add diced apples and water cress to the mix for a crunchier version.